Snapchat is working to incorporate third-party programs directly within its app.
Snap Minis were unveiled during Snapchat’s Partner Summit, amidst a host of other new features.
According to the social media app, thee programs are created by third-party companies, and can be accessed through Snapchat’s Chat section, alongside its games.
The aim is to allow users to better interact and share with friends, without having to leave Snapchat and switch to another app.
Snap Minis are built on HTML5, meaning users do not need to wait for a download to complete before accessing them.
At launch, there are a total of seven programs users will have access to:
- Headspace – A meditation and sleep app, which focuses on guided mindfulness.
- Tembo – A tool to allow students to create digital flashcards.
- Coachella – The music festival’s official app, which allows users to keep up-to-date on future announcements and performances.
- Atom Tickets – Users are view movie showtimes, as well as purchase tickets and concessions.
- Let’s Do It – Users are able to come together as a group to make decisions.
- Saturn – Allows students to upload and share their class schedules.
- Prediction Master – Users are able to make predictions of everyday topics, events and businesses, and compare their guesses with their friends.