The annual awards show honours the best in social media.
The 12th annual Shorty Awards took place on 3 May 2020. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s awards show was presented and streamed online, rather than it’s typical in-person ceremony in New York City.
Presenters and winners announced and accepted awards from their homes via live stream.
“This is so crazy because, last year, I won it and I got so scared on stage that I didn’t actually do a speech, and Kathy Griffin took it over,” he said.
The full list of YouTube and social media-related winners is as follows:
- Best Breakout YouTuber: Alexandra Hirschi
- Best In Beauty: Nikita Dragun
- Best In Food: Jun Yoshizuki
- Best In Gaming: Hannah Bryan
- Best In Health & Wellness: Richard Corbett
- Best In Lifestyle: Leslie Quezada
- Best In Parenting, Family and Kids: The Bramfam
- Best In Travel: Haley Dasovich
- Best In Weird: Jack Stauber
- Best LGBTQ+ Account: Rose Dix and Rosie Spaughton
- Best Meme/Parody Account: Thoughts of Dog
- Best Podcaster: Emma Chamberlain
- Best YouTube Ensemble: Kian Lawley and JC Caylen
- Best YouTube Musician: Pomplamoose
- TikToker of the Year: Avani Gregg
- Twitch Streamer of the Year: Harley Campbell
- YouTube Comedian of the Year: Morgan Adams
- YouTuber of the Year: Jimmy Donaldson
The full list of winners can be found via the Shorty Awards website. Those wishing to watch the show can do so below.