TikTok has launched a “virtual gift giving” feature working with brand partners.
During the time of a continued lockdown TikTok are using their platform to allow users to stay connected. The new feature aims to provide ‘thinking of you’ reminders for friends and other users in the community.
— TikTok (@tiktok_us) April 8, 2020
TikTok have teamed up with various brand partners such as Adobe, DoorDash and Essie to bring free access to the feature for all users in order to “give back and spark joy” for the community.
Users are able to send gifts up to three separate times that are provided by “industry leading partners” in areas such as beauty, streaming services, gaming, food and hospitality, and more.
Current gifts available through the app and listed on the TikTok website include:
- Adobe Premiere Rush is an easy-to-use, all-in-one video editing app built for online video creators. Know someone looking to level up their TikTok game? Now you can share the gift of creativity with a free 90-day subscription to Premiere Rush!
- Alo Moves specializes in on-demand yoga, fitness, and mindfulness for home and on the go. Gift your favorite yogi with a free 30-day trial to test drive the Alo Moves classes for themselves.
- The Bouqs Co. is a flower delivery service specializing in eco-friendly farm-fresh flower arrangements and plant delivery nationwide. Know someone who’d love to put together their own beautiful bouquet? Send them $30 off their purchase!
- DoorDash, the on-demand food delivery platform, is offering a 1-month free DashPass subscription for the foodies in your life.
- Essie, one of the most recognizable names in nail polish, has been the go-to nail color choice for millions of fabulous women for over 30 years. Now, they’re giving users a free ‘Speed Setter Top Coat’ to pair with their favorite Essie shade.
- Fitplan offers elite personal training for a fraction of the price, and now you can give the gift of a personal trainer to the fitness enthusiast in your life by sending them a free 90-day trial of the Fitplan platform.
- Fluent Forever, the revolutionary language-fluency app, is offering a 60-day free subscription for your friends or family who are looking to learn a new language.
- NYX Professional Makeup is a global cosmetics brand that offers an array of special-occasion makeup, every day basics and on-trend shades. They’re giving users $5 towards the purchase of NYX makeup!
- Pandora, the streaming service, is offering a 90-day trial subscription for those who find joy in streaming endless hours of their favorite music and podcasts.
- REBBL, one of the leading natural beverage brands in the U.S., is offering a code for 15% off online to try their popular coconut-milk-based beverages.
- Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of inspiring classes for creative and curious people. Now you can give the creative and curious people in your life a 2-month Premium Membership for unlimited access to Skillshare.
- Square Enix is the video game developer, publisher, and distribution company known best for its Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts role-playing video game franchises. On behalf of Square Enix Montreal, they are providing a limited offering of Lara Croft GO, Hitman GO and Deus EX GO free to your friends and family.
- Talkspace offers online and mobile therapy sessions wherever and whenever you need it, and now you can give the gift of online therapy with a $120 credit to Talkspace.
Visit the TikTok website to learn more about the app and its recent update.
Read about how coronavirus is changing social media, Alternatively, find out more about the NHS Nightingale London Twitter account hacked in an online attack.