The inaugural British Online Creator Awards (BONCAs) have announced the creators shortlisted for each award.
Update: See the full list of winners and all our coverage of the BONCAs.
The BONCAs categories include Travel Video of the Year, Comedy Sketch of the Year, Prank of the Year, Lifestyle Video of the Year, Best Use of Tech in a Video, and many more. The winners will collect their Golden Hashtag awards at the BONCAs awards ceremony, taking place at the London Palladium on 22 November. The event will be hosted by Conor and Jack Maynard.
TenEighty will be giving away a VIP Package for two to the BONCAs. Scroll down to the bottom of this article for more information and terms and conditions.
The 11 categories will be judged by a panel of industry professionals, while the winners for three additional categories will be decided by public vote. These three awards are for British Creator of the Year, International Creator of the Year, and Best Collaboration of the Year, and those wishing to vote for YouTubers to win can do so on the BONCAs website.
Campaign Video of the Year will be awarded to a creator whose video has raised money for, or awareness of a cause or charity. Videos nominated include Charlotte Eades‘s video for Stand Up to Cancer 2015 featuring Marcus Butler, Dodie Clark‘s depression, anxiety, depersonalisation, and Our Changing Climate by Jack and Finn Harries.
Dan Howell has received the highest number of nominations, having been nominated for Series of the Year for Internet Support Group, Best Use of Tech in a Video for The Dan and Phil 3D Audio Experience, and twice for Film of the Year (alongside Phil Lester) for The Amazing Tour is Not On Fire and its accompanying behind-the-scenes documentary.
A full list of the categories and creators nominated can be found below:
SERIES OF THE YEAR
- JACK & DEAN OF ALL TRADES – Jack Howard and Dean Dobbs
- Oscar’s Hotel – PJ Liguori
- Vlune – Adrian Bliss
- Internet Support Group – Dan Howell
- Brothers Do Science – Oli White
TRAVEL VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- The World’s Clearest Lake! Lake McKenzie – Evan Edinger
- A Day in the Life of Dan and Phil in AUSTRALIA! – Phil Lester
- BEYOND THE TOURISM – North Korea Day 5 – Louis Cole
- VLOG Roadtrip In Bali! – Niomi Smart
- Week In The Life In VEGAS! – Doug Armstrong
COMEDY SKETCH OF THE YEAR
- Sexy Torture Chamber (with Jack and Dean) – Hazel Hayes
- The Shredder – Jack Howard & Dean Dobbs
- GOING TO THEATRE SCHOOL ft Conor Maynard & Jack Maynard – Mikey Pearce
- Rejects (feat. danisnotonfire) – Tom Ridgewell
- Camping Trip (feat Dodie Clark) – Sammy Paul
GAMER OF THE YEAR
- Dan Middleton (DanTDM)
- Spencer Owen (Spencer FC)
- Joseph Garrett (stampylonghead)
FOOD VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- 6 Fruit Hacks That’ll BLOW YOUR MIND But You’ll Never Use! – SORTEDfood
- GIANT CHOCOLATE RICE KRISPY CAKE – Barry Lewis (My Virgin Kitchen)
- BAKING HEALTHY BROWNIES – Marcus Butler
- 6 Quick and Easy Easter Treats – Zoe Sugg
- How to Bake a Rainbow Cake – Tanya Burr
LIFESTYLE VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- EVERYTHING CHANGED AGAIN & AGAIN – Anna and Jonathan Saccone-Joly
- Spring Pinks Makeup Look – Zoe Sugg
- HOW TO ORGANISE YOUR LIFE – Estée Lalonde
- FAT GIRL LIFE HACKS! – Chanel Ambrose
- Can Lemons give you abs?! – Tom Daley
PRANK OF THE YEAR
- RUDE YOUTUBER PRANK ft Superwoman – Caspar Lee
- WE GOT ROBBED! ROOMMATE PRANK – Josh Pieters
- WATER BEDLAM – “I’m drowning!” – PRANK – Ben Phillips
- CALLING IN SICK TO PLACES WE DON’T WORK AT – Sam King
- Tattoo Prank – Oladeji Daniel “Deji” Olatunji (ComedyShortsGamer)
- Jack Maynard
- Josh Pieters
- Mikey Pearce
- Saffron Barker
- Sean Elliott O’Connor
- Elliot Crawford
BEST USE OF TECH IN A VIDEO
- LOOK AROUND YOU – Ben Brown
- DRONE FILMS WHALES! – Arctic Day 3 – Ben Brown
- The Orb – Tom Ridgewell
- The Dan and Phil 3D Audio Experience (Audiobook Trailer!) – Dan Howell
- EPIC PARAGLIDING 360 VIDEO – Louis Cole
CAMPAIGN VIDEO OF THE YEAR
- SIDEMEN FC VS YOUTUBE ALL-STARS CHARITY FOOTBALL MATCH LIVESTREAM – Sidemen
- Our Changing Climate – Jack and Finn Harries
- The Problem with Renewable Energy (and how we’re fixing it) – Tom Scott
- depression, anxiety, depersonalisation – Dodie Clark
- Stand Up to Cancer 2015 with Marcus Butler – Charlotte Eades
FILM OF THE YEAR
- Laid in America – KSI and Caspar Lee
- Dan & Phil’s story of TATINOF – Dan Howell and Phil Lester
- LET IT BE – Bertie Gilbert
- All Killer – The Midnight Beast
- The Amazing Tour is Not On Fire – Dan Howell and Phil Lester
Win a VIP Package for two to the BONCAs
Join BONCAs hosts Jack and Conor Maynard and loads of your other favourite YouTube stars for a special night at the London Palladium on November 22nd 2016 to celebrate the most creative, inspirational and exciting online creators of the year.
The VIP package includes two tickets in the best seats in the house, a meet and greet with Jack and Conor before the show and an exclusive BONCAs goody bag full of treats, merch and gifts from BONCAs sponsors. To enter, simply retweet the Tweet below.
— TenEighty UK (@TenEightyUK) November 1, 2016
The VIP Package giveaway closes on 11 November 2016. For terms and conditions click here.