Time, the seasons and fashion trends all come and go, but some YouTube challenges never die.
We’re not quite sure who invented the Blindfolded Makeup Challenge – a simple search will throw up more than 40 pages of wonderful attempts on YouTube that span the last few years – but we’re pretty glad they did.
The challenge itself has every component a creator needs to get some great #content: somebody can’t see what they’re doing, it’s always going to get messy, there’s generally some screaming from at least one of the participants and it also provides the chance for everybody involved to get some form of revenge.
Considering all of this, we found some of the most spectacular examples from our favourite UK YouTubers, lets take a look:
Blindfolded Makeup Challenge – Samkingftw
Starting us off is a very young looking Sam King, who quickly learns that though his friend Chloe cannot see anything through the blindfold, she’s fully aware of which product she’s using because, you know, it’s HER makeup.
The result? An exceptionally bronzed look with Cara Delevinge brows and a somewhat lopsided mouth.
Blindfolded Makeup Challenge with Marcus Butler – Zoella
Having already done the challenge once with Louise Pentland, Zoe Sugg decided to hand the reigns over to Marcus Butler with hilarious results.
With a deft touch he applies foundation to Zoe’s face with the same finesse as an expressionist painter, to the point where she actually remarks how wet her skin is. There’s also an excellent moment when Marcus decides that Zoe’s lips are on her chin, leaving her distinctly Miranda Sings-ish. #MakeupGoals right there.
Blindfolded Makeup Challenge with BradWOTO – Emma Pickles
Within seconds of covering his eyes, Brad reveals that isn’t the first time in the last 24 hours he’s been blindfolded by Emma Pickles. He then continues with what we can only describe as the single, safest way of applying concealer – smearing it thickly down each side of Emma’s face to form, as he describes very professionally, a “base coat”.
Which he then follows up with war-paint markings.
BLINDFOLDED MAKEUP CHALLENGE: LIVE TV EDITION – Alfie Deyes
Just missing out on the top spot is our beloved Alfie Deyes, who took the Blindfolded Makeup Challenge one step further by doing it live on ITV’s This Morning in April.
Together with Christine Bleakley he transformed Phillip Schofield into a hot mess in front of trillions of live viewers, and no doubt perplexing everybody over the age of 25. Ah, traditional media – one day you’ll understand us.
DAN AND PHIL BLINDFOLDED MAKEUP CHALLENGE – Danisnotonfire
- Phil valiantly attempts to “contourage” Dan’s face though later admits that he has, surprisingly, absolutely no idea what he’s doing.
- Though unable to see, he also correctly identifies Dan’s “good” side – we agree.
- The duo invented ear tinting, a trend that took the beauty world by storm and now EVERYBODY tints their ears. Are your ears not tinted? You should consider it.
- Phil deliberately kept his mouth open during the makeup application process to mimic real beauty gurus, to be told by Dan that he should “close his orifices.” A beautiful moment for the entire Phandom.
- Everything they say is an innuendo (“Does it taste good?”; “…lets get a little bit more juice in there”; “Wait, I wasn’t ready! You just did that on my cheek”; “aw, it’s in my mouth!” etc.)
- It was for CHARITY. C’mon guys.
AND THAT’S QUITE ENOUGH OF THAT.
In conclusion – makeup is best applied without a blindfold, though it’s FAR less entertaining.
You’re probably gagging for more amazing content, and to make your search far easier we’ve compiled a few more of these lists below for your perusal: