Zoe Sugg and Jamal Edwards are among 13 YouTubers chosen by Birmingham City University as some of the most influential new media figures under 30.
Birmingham City University has released a list of the top 20 most influential figures in new media under 30. Voted for by university and secondary school students between the ages of 15-24, the list includes a mix of YouTubers, app creators and internet personalities.
YouTubers make up the majority of the list, claiming thirteen spots. Those joining Zoe Sugg and Tanya Burr include fellow British vloggers Alfie Deyes and Jamal Edwards, as well as Jenna Marbles and Tyler Oakley. Topping the list are Snapchat founder Evan Spiegel and Tumblr Founder David Karp.
You can view the full list below:
1. Evan Spiegel – Co-founder and CEO of Snapchat
2. David Karp – Founder and CEO of Tumblr
3. Jenna Marbles – YouTube Personality
4. Jamal Edwards – Owner of SB.TV
5. Felix Kjellberg – YouTube Personality
6. Zoe Sugg – YouTube Personality
7. Sean Rad – Founder and CEO of Tinder
8. Tyler Oakley – YouTube Personality
9. Freddie Wong – Founder of RocketJump
10. Tanya Burr – YouTube Personality
11. Tom Cassell – YouTube Personality
12. Pete Cashmore – Founder and CEO of Mashable
13. Mark Turpin – CEO of Yogscast
14. David Burstein – Filmmaker and writer
15. Ian Andrew Hecox & Anthony Padilla – YouTube Personalities
16. Xavier Damman – Co-founder of Storify
17. Alfie Deyes – YouTube Personality
18. Marques Brownlee – YouTube Personality
19. Lily Pebbles – YouTube Personality
20. Steffan Aquarone – CEO of Droplet
Zoe has also recently been in the news for breaking records with her book Girl Online, and subsequent revelations it was ghostwritten. You can check out more Jamal in our round-up of the #LeadersLive debate with Ed Miliband, and Tyler Oakley featured in #YouTubeRewind 2014!