The duo have begun Jingle Jam 2015, their annual charity fundraiser.
Lewis Brindley and Simon Lane, the duo behind Yogscast, are off to an impressive start with their annual live stream fundraiser. Under a “pay what you want” model, the pair’s Christmas fundraiser has currently sold 10,227 game bundles and raised over $253,277 since 1 December, with all proceeds going to charity.
The majority of the action will be taking place on both Yogcast’s Twitch and YouTube channels, with main gaming streams beginning at 17.00 GMT every day during December, excluding Christmas Day. The live streams are set to feature various guests, along with Lewis and Simon themselves.
The first $100,000 was reached by day two of the event.
— The Yogscast (@yogscast) December 2, 2015
100% of proceeds raised during Jingle Jam 2015 will be donated to this year’s chosen charities, which include OxFam, Doctors Without Borders, GamesAid, Fauna and Flora International, Cancer Research UK, The Mental Health Foundation and SpecialEffect. This year’s games are currently available for purchase through Humble Bundle.
— Oxfam (@oxfamgb) December 2, 2015
Jingle Jam 2015 follows the success of Yogscast’s 2013 and 2014 live streams, which raised over $1.1 million through donations and ad revenue.
The tentative main stream schedule is:
- 5 December – Civ 5 Live (Lewis, Duncan, Sjin, Pyrion, Ben & Tom)
- 6 December – Sims Sunday with Zoey & Fiona
- 7 December – Nilesy, Zylus, Panda – Team Scotland
- 8 December -Druidz Special with Sjin, Lewis & Duncan
- 9 December – Sips!
- 10 December -“A New Hat” Hat Films Star Wars D&D Adventure with SherlockHulmes & Nina-Serena
- 11 December – Martyn‘s Mario Maker Madness Festival Friday!
- 12 December – Eurogamer Video Team
- 13 December – Sims Sunday with Zoey & Fiona
- 14 December – Duncan, Lewis & Sjin ARK SURVIVAL
- 15 December – Sjin GTA Online Rise of the Triad
- 16 December – Hannah‘s Stocking Fillers (with lots of guests!)
- 17 December – Olli43 GTA Playlists
- 18 December – Martyn’s Festive Friday with Squiddy and Ash
A full schedule of events and guests can be found on Yogcast’s subreddit.
Back in October, loads of YouTubers joined forces to help raise money for Cancer Research UK. Alternatively, you could read about Marcus Butler & Niomi Smart‘s new monthly subscription box, SourcedBox.